How hot was it?
It was a real scorcher! The official high temperature was 107° and today they are forecasting 105°. My goal for the day was to stay cool.
I started off the day by going to Church and Sunday school.
Then for lunch we had our son, daughter in law, daughter and grandsons over for some yummy hamburgers.
Because I wanted to stay cool I spent the rest of the afternoon in the Sewing Room. I monogrammed names on 8 burpies, 2 bibs and a receiving blanket for some friends who just had a baby boy. I also monogrammed a name on a tote bag for a friend of mine at work.
While I was sewing and staying cool in the Sewing Room my husband, daughter and grandsons went to the neighborhood pool to stay cool.
It was a real scorcher! The official high temperature was 107° and today they are forecasting 105°. My goal for the day was to stay cool.
I started off the day by going to Church and Sunday school.
Then for lunch we had our son, daughter in law, daughter and grandsons over for some yummy hamburgers.
Because I wanted to stay cool I spent the rest of the afternoon in the Sewing Room. I monogrammed names on 8 burpies, 2 bibs and a receiving blanket for some friends who just had a baby boy. I also monogrammed a name on a tote bag for a friend of mine at work.
While I was sewing and staying cool in the Sewing Room my husband, daughter and grandsons went to the neighborhood pool to stay cool.
It was back to work today. There is not a lot going on I guess because it is just too darn hot! In our Ladies Restroom at work we have lots and lots of different hand and body lotions. Everyone brings all of the lotions that they just simply can not use all by themselves at home and share them with everyone here at work. We have all flavors so it is like a cafeteria of lotions in the restroom. This afternoon I found one that is called Winter Frost. So I tried it. Oh my! I immediately wanted to go home and put up the Christmas tree! It smells like a light scent of pine needles. Just like a Christmas tree! So I changed the music I was listening to on my IPod to Holiday music. It helps that they keep our office very cool, most people are in their sweaters. So it felt just like December. Of course that was until I walked out to my car to go home. Oh well, it was good while it lasted!


2 comments:
Look at you and your blog!! I am so impressed. I've add you to my favorites and will be checking back every day or so to see what's new. Love the picture of Poppy & Ben.
Mom, you are so funny.
Post a Comment