Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend happenings at Nana's

Nana's weekend started off by taking a half day of vacation on Friday afternoon. I went to a class called "Scrap Therapy". I am still trying to figure out if my insurance will cover this class. Hey it is 'therapy' right? And if you saw my sewing room you would know that I really need some kind of therapy!
After my therapy class Poppy and I met up with Granny and PawPaw for dinner. Granny and PawPaw are very special friends of ours and that also happen to be Andy and Ben's other grandparents. We had a wonderful dinner at the Outback and then we were off to Bass Hall. My son in law bought tickets for the 4 of us to go see Bill Engvall. Our seats were in a section called the Piano Box. I loved these seats! they were perfect! There were 4 seats in our own little private area. However, it reminded us of the old men on the Muppet's who sit in that little balcony area. We all laugh so hard and learned many new things about getting old. I asked the usher lady if she would take a picture of the four of us but she informed me that you can not take any photographs inside the hall. She was telling me this as dozens of other people were flashing their cameras. Anyway, I put my camera away and did not get a picture. You will just have to take my word that these were awesome seats.
Saturday morning Poppy took me to the Waffle House for breakfast. Then I was off to Jo Ann's for a few things to complete the rocking chair cushions for Leah's rocker. Next I had to run into Wal-Mart for a couple of things and then I decided that since I was in the area I would stop in Marshall's. While I was in Marshall's my sister called and said that she had to drop her car off at Discount Tires and it would take about an hour. So since I was close by I went and picked her up and we went to Cotton Patch for lunch.
After dropping my sister off I came home and got back to work on the baby room stuff for Leah. I have made progress! The bed skirt is complete. Below is a picture of it on the hanger.
Saturday afternoon Andy and Ben came to spend the night with Nana and Poppy. They are getting so big now and pretty much will entertain themselves most of the time. Andy is all into to coloring and Ben was watching 'Cars'.

Last night we had to 'Spring Forward' so we got one less hour of sleep. After lunch I decided I was going to take a nap and then get back to work on Leah's rocker. The next thing I knew was Poppy waking me up at 5:45 saying he was going for a ride on his motorcycle. So I figured I better get up and get busy. I did have a wonderful nap and feel really great now. I was a little sluggish before my nap.

0 comments: