Friday, January 23, 2009

A busy week is winding down for Nana. . . .

This past week has been very busy. My son in law was out of town on business so my daughter and 2 grandsons decided to pack up their stuff and the dog and come stay at our house all week. It was really lots of fun to have them here this week but I did not get anything done. But that's ok, I would much rather cuddle with Ben and Andy than anything else in the world. This afternoon they went home. It is very quiet around here tonight!


After they left I waited for Poppy to come home so we could go to dinner. I wanted to go to Salt Grass because I am hooked on their grilled chicken breast and grilled asparagus. Poppy did not get home until a little after 6 so we went directly to Salt Grass. We received a gift card to Salt Grass for Christmas and had planned to use it this evening but we left the house without it so we decided we would just pay for our dinner tonight and use the gift card later. Everyone must have had the same idea as us because we had to wait 25 minutes for a table. That's ok though because our food was yummy, yummy, yummy! We finished eating and were waiting for the waiter to bring our bill. However, the waiter brought us this card instead of a bill.

What a pleasant surprise. We have no idea who paid for our dinner and the waiter just smiled when I asked him. After dinner we went to Home Depot to look at some shelving for my sewing room. I found exactly what I needed and tomorrow afternoon I plan to keep Poppy busy.

1 comments:

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

What a nice blessing! Though I can't think of two more deserving people of such a blessing. You and Ronnie are such giving people. It just reinforces my belief that God honors those that honor Him. Love you both.