Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Never a dull moment at Nana's

I found some pictures on my camera that were taken last weekend so I wanted to share a few of them. I did not take these pictures so I guess my daughter or Poppy took them.



Poppy took the boys to the Party Store and they came home with a bag of balloons and a balloon pump. They made all kinds of interesting things.



Ben's balloon boat





How cute is Ben? His Mommy has let his hair grow out and I love it! This is a picture of him getting ready for church.



We went to Papadeux for lunch after church. Ben and Poppy ate some fried alligator!



And I had to post this cute little picture of Brody. He doesn't get to spend Friday night at Nana & Poppy's house yet but his Mommy said soon. I can't wait.
*
This past weekend was very busy for me. On Saturday Poppy & I helped my Mother move to her new apartment. I got home around 7:30 Saturday evening and I was pooped! Sunday after church I took Mother and her 2 little Chihuahuas to get their vaccinations. Then we made a trip to Wal-Mart. I got home around 6:30 Sunday night.
*
Yesterday I was hoping to sleep late but then I remembered I had a doctor's appointment at 8:30. This was a follow up visit with my gastrointernologist. When I saw him in January he wanted to see me again in July to run more blood work because my liver enzymes have been high for a couple of years. He also wanted me to lose at least 10 pounds. It took several months to get my Cobra insurance started since retiring in June so I was just now able to go to the doctor for the recheck. So yesterday was the big day and guess what? My doctor came in with a big smile and the look of shock on his face because I had lost 36 pounds since January! He could not believe it. But the best part is that my blood pressure was down and best of all my liver enzymes were within normal limits! My diet you ask? I quit drinking all of the Diet Cokes and started drinking real Dr. Peppers but only 1 or 2 a day. I also started watching everything I was eating. I cut down on bread & sweets. Oh and probably the most helpful thing is that I do not sit a desk for 8 hours.

0 comments: