Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

The turkey is roasting in the oven, spiral ham is waiting to go in next, 4 layer dessert in the refrigerator, broccoli casserole ready to be baked, getting ready to put the corn casserole together, peel the potatoes and the list goes on. You would think we're having a bunch of people over but we're not. My son and his family are going to my daughter in law's aunts house and my daughter and her family are going over to her sister in law's house. However, they will all be coming over here this evening to eat their favorite dishes.
.
I got up a little earlier today, about 7:45 because I wanted to get the turkey in the oven and run the dishwasher while Poppy was still sleeping. Poppy sleeps late while I put the turkey on and watch The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. This is about the only day of the year that Poppy gets to sleep late. I love, love, love the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I was at the parade in 2004. I hope to go back there on Thanksgiving Day to see the parade again. However, I was in NYC in October and I did go to Macy's and got this years parade ornament and several other ornaments.
.
.
I have so many things to be thankful for this year! The top 2 would be my new grandson, Brody and retirement. It does not get much better than that!

0 comments: