Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Friday night Andy and Ben came over after school to spend the night. I made Hot Dogs for dinner but Andy insisted on a peanut butter sandwich. For dessert I made them ice cream cones with half Rainbow Sherbet and half Mint Chocolate Chip. They loved it. Saturday morning I made pancakes and bacon for them. Andy ate probably 6 pieces of bacon! Grammy Cathy and PaPa Jerry came and picked them up to take them for a day of fun. They went to Medieval Times. I heard they had a great time and their team won. I also heard that Andy would not eat but Ben did. I can not wait to see them again so they can tell me all about their adventure.
*
Brandon, LeAnn and Brody left Saturday for a little vacation. They plan to be back Tuesday evening. While they are gone I have their dogs, Haus and Molly. This has been a lot of fun so far. (I have a quilt and blanket on the wood floors for them to lay around on.)


Marcy, Kevin, Andy and Ben left Sunday morning to go camping in their 5th wheel trailer. They plan to be home sometime Wednesday but until then I also have their dog, Belle.

I stayed up later than Poppy on Saturday night because I was watching a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel. When I got ready to go to bed I found Belle and Molly laying on my side of the bed and Poppy on his side. Haus was on the floor asleep on a blanket. Poppy and Haus were having a snoring contest. So I slept in the guest room.

*

Last night I got in my bed early and watched a little TV. Belle and Molly slept on the sofa and Haus slept in the recliner in my room. I must have been dead asleep all night because I did not hear any snoring.

*

Every time I get up to put a load in the washing machine or dryer I have 3 big old boxers following me. They are so afraid they are going to miss something.

*

Today I am in the sewing room getting it straightened up. Then I plan to do some sewing. I have several things I am working on for Christmas that I need to finish up. This is the first time in over 21 years that I have been off work for the entire week of Thanksgiving. I always had Thanksgiving and the day after off and occasionally I would take an extra vacation day. I love retirement ! Now I have the whole week off and I have time to enjoying my Thanksgiving cooking. I just remembered to take the turkey out of the freezer and into the refrigerator so it can start thawing. I still need to go to the grocery store and pick up a few more things. Oh I just love, love, love Thanksgiving and all the food and family time.

0 comments: