Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

The holidays were busy but I enjoyed every minute of them. This is the first time in so many years that I have been able to be at home and enjoy them.
.
The Monday evening after Christmas my daughter, 2 great neices, 2 grandsons & I met 2 of my neices and their kiddos for dinner. I had not seen my neices in a very long time and I had never met their children in person. I had only seen pictures of them. These 2 neices are my brother's daughters. The oldest is Bobbie Jo and she lives in Burleson with her daughter Emma. Bobbie Jo is a Veternarian Technican and Emma is in Kindergarten. The youngest is Stacey and she lives in Yuma, AZ with her husband, Cody and their 18 month old little boy, Connor. Stacey and Connor were able to come home to Texas to spend the holidays with family. Stacey's husband is in the Marines and is currently deployed to Japan. Bobbie Jo and Stacey have another sister, Jordan but she was not able to come. Jordan is the middle daughter and she and her little boy, Lane live in south Fort Worth. Jordan is also expecting in April a baby girl named Laina (pronounced Lana). It was so great to spend some time with my neices. I mostly keep up with them on Facebook but it was so nice to be able to enjoy a meal and visit in person.


In this picture from left to right is my great neice, Alexandra; my great neice Cori, my great neice Emma and my neice Bobbie Jo.


In this picture is my great nephew, Connor and my neice Stacey.

My neices - Stacey, Jordan and Bobbie Jo

New Year's Eve we stayed home. Andy and Ben came over to spend the night with us and our dear friend Linda came over to eat dinner & watch movies with us. Poppy grilled some delicious T-Bone steaks. After eating Poppy and Linda watched Rocky Balboa and I colored pictures with Andy & Ben. After Rocky was over Poppy and Linda watched Grand Torino. I watched the Brady Bunch with Andy & Ben. As you can probably tell Poppy & Linda like the same kind of movies. When our children were little we used to spend New Year's Eve with Robert & Linda and their 2 children. We would take turns at whose house we would go to. The kids would play and the adults played cards. Good times! Now all of our kids are grown and have kids of their own and sadly we lost Robert to cancer over 6 years ago.

The weather is very cold here today but the sun is shining so it makes it feel warmer to me. I plan to spend most of the day in the sewing room so I really don't care that it is only 18 degrees according to my iPhone. I am busy sewing baby burpies and making a few things for Valentines.

Tuesday morning I am driving up to Oklahoma to spend a few days with my cousin, Carol. I am sure we will do lots of sewing while I am there but we are also going to Oklahoma City to a quilt show.

0 comments: