Saturday, January 30, 2010

Grandsons and Sewing

On Tuesday, January 12th I drove up to my cousin's house in Oklahoma. We did some sewing and we also went to the quilt show in Oklahoma City. I got to stay for a whole week! I love being retired!
.
Thursday, January 21st was my daughter's birthday. She and her husband went to Las Vegas for the weekend so I picked up Andy and Ben from school that afternoon and had them until Sunday evening. When I picked them up on Thursday afternoon we went to Wal-Mart for a few groceries and of course some toys. They are into 'Bionicles' now so they each got a new one.
.
Friday morning I had to take them to school and then pick them up in the afternoon. Uncle Brandon, Aunt Le and Brody came over for dinner. After dinner Uncle Brandon and Poppy took Andy and Ben to Wal-Mart to buy them another 'Bionicle'. Saturday morning Andy had his basketball game and then I took them to Toys R Us because they each had a gift card they wanted to spend and they needed some more Bionicles.
.
Poppy really enjoys helping the boys put the Bionicles together as you can see in the pictures below. Some of the Bionicles they bought said they were for ages 8 - 16. I told Andy this and he said that was OK because he can put them together. Ben has a little difficulty but Poppy helped.
.









Brody started getting sick on Saturday so by Sunday morning his Mommy took him in to see the doctor. He was diagnosed with RSV. This meant he would not be able to go to daycare. Monday his Mommy stayed home with him and on Tuesday and Wednesday I went to their house to keep him. Thursday and Friday Brody came over to Nana's house. He has continued to get much better every day. He is changing so much! I just love having him all to myself. However, I do not get much done when he is here. He loves me to hold him when he naps. Yesterday morning he took a 2 1/2 hour nap and then another 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Both times in my lap. I have tried to lay him down in the pack and play but he always wakes up and starts crying. So I just let him nap in my lap.
.
Thursday evening Brody and his Mommy stayed for dinner because Brody's Daddy had basketball games to coach at school.
.
Brody loved Poppy's Cran-Grape juice.

Nana just loves this baby boy so much!

.
I will be keeping Brody again this week. Hopefully we can get him good and well before he goes back to daycare. So today and tomorrow I am in the sewing room working on a quilt that I started up at my cousin's house. The quilt is the 2007 Thimbleberries Club Quilt. I just have to put on a couple of more borders and it will be ready to be quilted. Then I will be working on some Burpies. I have orders for 12 Burpies so I need to get them finished this weekend. I also have a baby quilt to make for a friend. When Brody is here I don't even open the door to the sewing room.
.

1 comments:

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

This is a great day to stay in your sewing room. It's too cold to be out and about. Hope you enjoy your time with Brody next week.