Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friday Night at Nana and Poppy's House

Friday after school Andy and Ben came to spend the night with Nana and Poppy. I made dinner for them so there was no McDonald's tonight. I did buy their favorite cookies at Wal-Mart so they were pretty excited about that. Most of the night Ben watched The Power Rangers. Andy worked on his "work". Andy's work tonight was drawing pictures of animals in alphabetical order. He had a little trouble when he got to X but Nana was able to google animals that start with a X and we found Xanthareel (yellow eel) and for Z we found Zorro (Spanish for fox). Next Nana had to help him label each animal. He also made up sentences about the animals and I wrote them down on the pages for him. It is so hard to believe that this little boy just started kindergarten a month or so ago.

Ben fell asleep in the chair watching TV so Poppy carried him to our bed. While I was washing my face Andy joined Ben in my bed. I wanted to read but Andy would only let me lay in the middle of the bed so the light was not very good. Andy asked me if it was a chapter book and I said yes and he told me I could finish the chapter I was on and then we would turn off the light. This little boy just cracks me up!

Saturday morning Poppy took Andy and Ben to their favorite donut shop.

Friday morning I had a sore throat when I woke up but as the day went on I was fine. I assumed it was sinus drainage. Saturday evening I started feeling really tired and my back felt achy. I decided to take my temperature and it was 99.9. I never have fever so I was shocked. No wonder I was achy. This morning I felt fine when I got up and I did not have any fever so I went ahead and got ready for church. I made it through the preaching service but left before Sunday School started. Once I got home I checked my temperature and once again I had fever of 99.5. I also have a sore throat. I have been camped out in my Laz-e-boy all day with a comfy quilt, laptop, iPhone, remote control, Dr. Pepper and the Lysol spray. I will be calling my doctor's office first thing in the morning to get an appointment.

The really bad part about me being sick is that little Brody has been really sick and spent a couple of nights in the hospital last week. I was supposed to be keeping him this week because he is to be isolated from everyone. So I am thinking I caught something when I was up at the hospital emergency room last Wednesday night with Brody. There was a waiting room full of sick kids coughing everywhere! Hopefully, I will find out tomorrow what is going on with me. I do not like being sick!!!

0 comments: