Wednesday was Andy's 5th birthday and the day started out like any other day. I got up, showered, got ready for work, went to work, came home around 5 pm and then it happened. I started feeling bad around 4:00 at work but I thought I will be fine. But on the drive home from work I started feeling really bad. I kept thinking I hope I can make it home. Well I did make it home but only to the recliner. I sat there for a little while hoping the nausea would go away but it didn't. Luckily my sweet husband was there with the trash can because it all began and there was no way I was making it to the bathroom. This went on several times and I just felt terrible. I had never, ever felt like I was feeling. So around 8:00 I decided I needed professional help. So my sweet husband drove me to the emergency room and that is where we spent the next 8 hours. They did all the usual tests and started IVs because by this time I was dehydrated. I had a terrible headache and the ER doctor decided to do a spinal tap. I have never had a spinal tap and never want to have one again. They had to try 2 times to do the spinal tap because of the arthritis in my back. The spinal tap was normal. Thank goodness. The doctor told me after he told me the test was normal that he was 99% sure that I had a hemorage. They kept me for a couple more hours and we finally got home around 4:30 am. The doctor told me to stay in bed for a couple of days and really take it easy for the next 4 or 5 days. I have been having a lot of back pain due to the spinal tap. Yesterday morning was the worst. Today has been much better. I am so glad that our cruise was canceled otherwise I would have had to cancel it anyway. There was no way I was getting on a boat to anywhere the way I was feeling.
Today was a great Mother's Day. I went to church and then we went to Olive Garden for lunch with Marcy, Andy and Ben. Then we came home and Brandon, LeAnn and Brody came over to visit.

My three precious grandsons.
Andy, Brody and Ben
Brody gave me this cute picture and frame for Mother's Day.


0 comments:
Post a Comment