
I had a great "Good Friday" holiday from work. My cousin Carol and her sister in law, Esther came down for the day from Oklahoma. They arrived at my house around 9:30 am. Carol got a new car so she let me do all the driving. It is much easier than me trying to give her directions all day. The first thing on the agenda was to get Carol a Pepsi and me a Dr. Pepper from the Valero gas station. Next we headed to the car wash to have Carol's car washed. Then we were off to "The Berry Patch" to pick up Carol's sewing machine that had been repaired. I did so good . . . I only bought a pair of Applique Scissors (on sale at 50% off) and a can of 505 spray. The good news was that I had a store credit so I did not have to spend any of my cash! Our next stop was "Cabbage Rose". Carol was looking for some specific pink and green fabric for a quilt she is making for her daughter in law. I only bought 2 fat quarters! By this time we are starving so we head over to the Mexican Inn. This was Esther's first time to visit Fort Worth and she loves Mexican food so where else but the Mexican Inn. It was yummy! Our next stop of the day was JoAnn's. Carol found the thread and pink and green fabric she needed. I bought several things but the only fabric I bought was 1 yard of the cutest pink with daisies fabric and 3 fat quarters.
Our next and last stop was the Valero gas station where we started our day. Carol needed a Pepsi for the road and Esther needed a Dr. Pepper. I came home and had some Country Time Lemonaide. Carol and Esther left my house around 4:45. Andy and Ben arrived at Nana's house around 5:30 because after all it is Friday night. They brought their own dinner with them since Nana is still very full from lunch. After some play time Ben and Andy wanted to watch "The Wizard of Oz" in Nana's bed. So that is what we did. Andy fell asleep right before Dorothy found the Tin Man. Poppy and I decided to turn off the movie when Dorothy was meeting with the Great Oz and Ben was still awake. Ben was mad because he wanted to see the wicked witch melt. We assured him that he could finish watching it today.The boys got up this morning around 7:45. Now they are off with their Poppy for breakfast at McDonald's. Nana is going to rest for a while until they return.


0 comments:
Post a Comment