Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Harvest Pumpkin Cake"

Kelley, Camille, Marshall, Randa, Randy & Uncle Vernon

"Harvest Pumpkin Cake"
Yesterday morning I was thinking about my extended family and decided that I would make a cake for my Uncle Vernon. No special occasion. Just decided that I wanted to do it. So yesterday afternoon after I got home from work I got busy making this cake. This cake is not made from a mix but it is very easy. My Uncle Vernon was my Daddy's youngest brother. There were 4 brothers in all but now Uncle Vernon is my only living uncle. I hope he enjoys his cake. I will let you know later in another blog.
Here is the recipe for my "Harvest Pumpkin Cake".

3 c. all-purpose flour

2 t. baking powder

2 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

3 1/2 t. cinnamon

4 eggs

2 c. sugar

1 1/2 c. oil

16 oz. can pumpkin

1 c. walnuts, chopped

Sift together dry ingredients. In large bowl, beat eggs, gradually adding sugar, beat until thick. Beating constantly, add oil. Continue beating at low speed, alternate dry ingredients and pumpkin ending with dry ingredients; fold in nuts. Pour batter into greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake for 10 minutes in pan and turn onto serving platter; cool completely. dust cake with sifted powdered sugar if desired.


1 comments:

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

Thanks for the recipe, I think I might be making this later in the week.