Friday was Grandparent's Day at Ben's school. I did not get to go last year because I had to work. Since I am still on medical leave I was able to go this morning. This was also my first attempt to drive since my surgery. Ronnie met me at the school. Ben was so happy when he saw his Poppy and Nana. Unfortunately I forgot my camera! Ben walked me and Poppy down the hall to get a cookie and some punch and then we came back to his classroom where he had his snack and we all ate our snacks together. Then Poppy had to leave and go back to work. Ben and I made a little craft. We outlined our hands and cut them out, then the teacher glued them together and attached a magnet so I could hang it on my refrigerator. Ben also made me and Poppy a card. When it was time for me to leave I got to walk Ben down to his PE class. On the way out of Ben's classroom there was Andy with his class. Oh no! Andy thought I was there to take Ben home with me. After I took Ben to PE I walked back down to Andy because by this time I could hear him crying. I asked his teachers if I could give him a hug and they said I could. Andy asked me if I was taking Ben home with me. I said no, I was only there to visit and I was leaving now. Well I gave him a big hug and kiss and left. By the time I got to the doors to leave the building Andy really had the big melt down. He was crying real hard and just wanted his Nana. I tried to tell him I had to leave and that his Mommy would bring him to my house as soon as school was over. Of course I told him I would get him a surprise. One of his teachers finally bribed him with a big sticker stamp so that I could leave. I felt so bad that I had made him cry but also so proud that he loves me so much.
The best surprise I got today was my cousin, Carol came down from Oklahoma to visit me. I am so happy that she is here.
After school Marcy brought Andy and Ben over to spend the night with Nana and Poppy. Also my sister, 2 neices and nephew came over and we offically started planning our Disney World Trip for next June. We are all so excited!
When it was time for bed Ben decided that he wanted to sleep with Poppy in the big bed. Andy stayed right by my side because he wanted me to sleep with him. I held Andy in my lap in my recliner and within 10 minutes he was asleep. After getting Ronnie to carry him to his bed I ended up sleeping in Ben's bed.




0 comments:
Post a Comment