Sunday, January 9, 2011

Keeping Jaxson & Sewing

Sunday afternoon, December 12th Andy and I worked on some pajamas for him to wear to school for Pajama Day. I had already purchased the flannel fabric for the bottoms a couple of months ago. I decided I would just buy a long sleeve tee shirt for him to wear as the top. Andy wanted me to put an "Alien design" on the front of the tee shirt. So Andy proceeded to look through my machine embroidery designs for just the right design. Finally we found this little guy and decided he would be perfect. Andy picked out all of the thread colors he wanted me to use and the fabric for the applique. He also decided that he wanted me to put "Aliens Rock" below the design. Andy has seen me do lots of machine embroidery but has never really seen me make clothes. He could not believe I could make pajama bottoms and how I was going to do it. I told him I used to make all of his Mommy's clothes when she was a little girl. Andy was so excited when I had him try the pajama bottoms on so I could adjust the elastic and mark the hem. He told me 'Nana they are just perfect!' He also told me that he thought he was going to have the best pajamas in his class. Andy wore his new pajamas to school and he told his Mommy that if the class had voted on the best pajamas he would have won!


Ben had pajama day too and I made him some pajamas just like Andy's. The only picture I got of him in them was without the tee shirt.

This week I started keeping Jaxson. Let me just say Jaxson is the best baby! He is so happy and content. He loves to swing and sleep in his little swing.

Jaxson really loves his little hands. I thought this picture was so sweet when he was sleeping.


I made a cute little baby quilt this week. Jaxson loves to be in the sewing room with me. He talks to me while I sew! I bought this fabric about 3 years ago and had not gotten around to making anything out of yet. I was inspired by a quilt book my cousin had with a cute litte baby quilt in it. I used that pattern in the book and twicked it a little by adding some more blocks and borders to it. I loved the way it turned out. I was going to quilt it myself on my sewing machine but I am out of batting and since it is snowing here today I don't want to go to JoAnns and get any. So I have the quilt hanging on a hanger and I plan to take it with me to my cousins next weekend and quilt it there on her long arm quilting machine.

I mentioned that it was snowing here today. The snow is not sticking and the sun peeked out a little this afternoon. But now it is very cloudy and cold looking outside. It is a great day to be in my sewing room!

0 comments: