The first day of October my youngest grandson, Jaxson turned 1 year old. He is doing great and started walking last month. He had a great birthday party and got lots of goodys! Week before last Jaxson got another round of that awlful Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. He got to stay with me a couple of days because he needed Nana to love on him!
I made this design on a tee shirt for Jaxson.
Brody is going to be a fireman for Halloween so I made a Dalmation costume for Jaxson. They are going to be so cute. I love this little face!
I also machine appliqued pumpkins on shirts for Brody and Jaxson.
I ordered a kit from Fons and Porter magizine and got it finished. It was the first time I made Prairie Points. Marcy fell in love with it so it now lives on her new dining room table.
Here is my Fall table runner. It is so easy to make. It only has 5 seams!
I have also made a couple of them for Christmas.
I made Marcy a couple of kitchen towels with the leftover fabric.
One of my neighbors and her family are going to Disney World for Thanksgiving so I made these machine appliqued kitchen towels for them to enjoy.
Retirement life is busy! So far this month I had to take my sister for dental surgery and my Mother to the ear doctor.
.
My Mother completely lost her hearing in both ears so her primary care doctor referred her to a specialist so I had to take her. The doctor said it was something with the nerves and put her on 2 medications and wants to see her back in 6 weeks. If she is not better this doctor will refer her to another specialist to see if an implant is an option. She wears hearing aids in both ears but her right ear has always been her 'good' ear. She still can not hear out of the right ear. She can hear a little in the left ear with the hearing aid. She does better in person but can not hear very well over the telephone. She can hear it ring so we told her to just answer the phone and let us know she is ok. I hope her hearing is restored soon because my Mother is still very active. She will be 80 years old in December and still drives, works 3 days a week and lives on her own.
.
Andy and Ben are keeping us busy with Fall Ball. They were out of school for Columbus day and the day after because of teachers inservice. So they spent Sunday night and Monday night and all day Tuesday with me. We had lots of fun. We went to the book store and Andy picked out 3 Magic Treehouse books. Ben looked at several books but decided on a Pokemon DVD.
.
Last Wednesday was Poppy's birthday. We celebrated by going to eat dinner at Papasittos.
I am keeping Brody today because he was a little under the weather. Must be something going around. I am not 100% today but Brody is so easy to watch and I love having a one on one day with him.
I am going to Oklahoma on Wednesday morning to visit my cousin. We are going to Oklahoma City on Friday to the Affair of the Heart craft show. I am so excited because I have not been in several years. I am coming home Saturday because Andy and Ben will be spending the night because their Mommy and Daddy have World Series tickets!


1 comments:
Brody looks like a GIANT in that chair!! Wish I could retire and stay home and take care of that funny boy!!!
Post a Comment