Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May has been a busy month. . . . .

So far May has been a busy month for me. I ask myself daily "How did I hold down a full time job for so many years?" Some days I don't feel like I get a whole lot done around the house but some days I get a lot accomplished.



I have 4 quilts finished and ready to be quilted. I need to make some time and go to my cousin Carol's so I can get them quilted. One of the quilts I made is called "Texas Star". I made this quilt pattern for my daughter in law a couple of years ago so she could take it to the hospital with her when she delivered Brody. Well her doctor fell in love with it. So when we found out that we were having another baby I decided to make a quilt for the doctor. I made the doctor's quilt a size bigger than I made my daughter in law.



I have also been making lots of Burpies. I thought I was caught up and then a couple of days ago I got an order for 12 more. Yesterday I got an order for 3 more. So that is 15 more Burpies to make. I really like making them. Each one that I make is a little different than the one before. I really like to be creative with them. Here are a few examples of some of the Burpies I have recently made.



One of my nieces is getting married this Saturday so I have also been busy doing some machine embroidery designs on kitchen towels and hand towels.

Last weekend Poppy and I went out of town for the weekend to celebrate our 36th Wedding Anniversary. We went to Shreveport, LA. We have been thru there many times but had never stopped. Poppy wanted to do a little gambling. He had $20 that he was willing to gamble. I decided that I would gamble $20 also. We played the slot machines. I got down to about $12 and I was getting mad. I kept at it until I was up by $1.50 so I cashed out and that was the end of the gambling for me. I was not giving them my money! Poppy left his $20 there. On another note they had a very good buffet. So we can now say we have been there and done that. We will probably never go back.
My oldest grandson, Andy turned 6 years old on May 6th. The family will be celebrating his birthday with him this Sunday afternoon. My daughter and son in law are hosting a cookout and swimming party. I will post pictures next week.

0 comments: