Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas


The past 10 days have been busy ones. My sister and I hosted our annual Girl's Ornament Exchange Brunch a couple of Saturday mornings ago. We have known most of these girls since elementary school and we still have great times when we are together.





Last Saturday morning Ben and Andy made some delicious Christmas Cookies. They had so much fun with the sprinkles. These cookies were a big hit at the annual McCollough Christmas get together that evening.




Andy made this smiley face star.


Ben decorated Rudolph.



Last Saturday evening was the annual McCollough get together before Christmas. If I counted correctly there were 33 people present. We had lots of yummy food and fellowship. My nephew from Tulsa and his 3 children were also here. They are the only ones of the immediate family that do not live in the area so it was a real treat that they could be here. Some of the family decided to have a game of Uno.





Yesterday Andy, Ben, Marcy and I went to the movies to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. To make the holidays even better we had snow! After the movies we came back to my house.
.
Andy and Ben loved the snow. I love this cute picture I got of them looking out to Nana's backyard.



Andy noticed that a lot of presents had been added to my Christmas tree since the last time he was here.


I am not sure what Ben was doing in this picture but he sure was having fun.
This morning I got up early and bundled up so I could take a few pictures of the snow before it melts today. It is currently 30 degrees and the forecast is predicting a high of 41 degrees according to my iPhone so I am sure that by this evening the only snow that will be left is what is in the shade.
.
This is the first white Christmas that I can remember so it is pretty exciting to me.
.
My house - Christmas Morning 2009

Looking east from my front yard

Looking west from my front yard


My son, daughter and their families will be coming over here to Nana's House tomorrow to celebrate Christmas and open presents. Poppy already got his present from Andy and Ben (I think their parents had something to do with it though). They got him a new 58" flat screen TV and my son in law is having a custom cabinet built for it. Our kids have been telling us that our TV was very outdated and that we needed a new one. But ours still worked so I couldn't justify buying a new one. It wasn't like it was a 13" black and white model. It was a 55" screen television. The new TV was delivered last Thursday and since then Poppy has purchased a new Blue Ray disk player. Now the kids are telling us we need to upgrade our Direct TV to AT&T Universe. I will think about that after the holidays.

I can't believe that there is only one week left in this year! Our plans for New Year's Eve includes Andy and Ben spending night. Brody will be having tubes put in his ears that day. Also my dear friend, Linda is coming over to eat dinner and watch a movie with us.

Be safe & Happy New Year!

0 comments: